


Karlin left Monday morning for our Young Men's High Adventure, 6 days and 5 nights in the wilderness....We have never been apart for more than 24 hours in the last six years....I thought that surely one of us, if not both, would die. Well, miracle of miracles we both survived! And hey, it went by pretty darn quick too! Karlin had a great time hiking through the Olympic National Park, (the Enchanted Valley, Anderson pass and glacier, and Dosewallips) with the boys. He came home sore, but blister free. Us girls did girl stuff, we shopped 'til we dropped (Klare thinks shopping is a giant game of hide-n-seek, HEART ATTACK!) and did some fun crafts. The picture is of these cute "fireflies" we made out of water bottles and glow sticks. Thanks to the troops that rallied to support us,(just incase I couldn't sleep at night!) and thanks for loving us enough to read about our simple, happy life!
2 comments:
oh i am SO making those fireflies with Parker...instructions, please? i'm glad you survived your week!
From her expression, Kennedi's eyes in that top picture looked just like the bugs'! That is such a great idea (I can't wait until Vanessa can do more projects like that...right now she's learning how to "color" on paper).
Matt and I can certainly relate with having to be apart. But I'm glad it went fast, and I'm glad you had great people to spend it with.
We'll see you soon!
Post a Comment