This year I was a little hesitant (okay, really hesitant!) to drag my children out in the cold, through the mud, to end the life of another innocent tree. I had my artillery ready....
Mollie: You know, I was thinking.....maybe this year we should "invest" in an artificial tree.
Karlin: (shock) Don't even go there, Kersavage.
Mollie: It's getting so "expensive" to buy live trees, and we don't even have a tree lot we like up here.....(still hopeful)
Karlin: You can't put a price on a MEMORY! It's the experience of going out and finding the perfect one!
Mollie: (Many a painful memories of childhood tree hunts that took longer than a trip to Joann's....LONG.....come rushing back (Love you Mom.:)) Fine...But wherever we go must have food to sustain me through the process.

Every time I doubt my husband, he puts me to shame. He found the perfect tree lot (cinnamon rolls, cider, the perfect star tree topper I have searched seven years for) and after only a few family votes, the perfect tree! A Turkish Fir....pretty cool.

Obviously pleased with his victory, a proud moment for Karlin. What a man! The rest of our weekend was spent eating, decorating, a fun trip to Tillicum Village, and a family theater trip to see Enchanted! and we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary today by teaching sharing time together; a special request by the primary to have a couple in the ward teach a lesson on how the priesthood blesses both men and women....how perfect is that for our anniversary! Pretty fun! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with Karlin's family, an incredible feast! A truly blessed weekend!
6 comments:
Cute pictures! I guess I was pretty picky when it came to Christmas trees and tree skirts! Hope you will forgive me now! Glad you had a good weekend. See you soon.
I too have been on the hunt for the perfect tree topper. This year Anne told me our tree doesn't look right without something. I told her I wouldn't budge on this one. No star until I find just the right one. I would love to see the one you finally found.
Way to stick to your guns Karlin! Lisa and I have made a pact never to buy a fake tree. I'm glad you found a place you could both enjoy!
i'm so jealous of your tree! it is beautiful! ours is a total charlie brown tree.
happy anniversary! here's to you, kids!
oh, and i LOVE the song!
A Turkish Fir, eh? Sounds cool!!! We bought a cheap crap fake one at Wal-mart this year that will have to sustain me for the next four years, but you better believe as soon as we are done here I am getting a real one every year! I must agree with Karlin, I have great memories of going to the Christmas tree lots!
I want to see your tree topper!!! There is one I have had my heart set on for the past few years from Halmark, but maybe yours will change my mind!
I heard Enchanted was so cute! I want to see it now! Happy anniversary by the way...sorry for the longest comment ever!
I think real is the best choice. The biggest thing is you don't get the nice smell w/fake ones and they are actually worse on the environment (take over 50 years to decompose). The tree you got is beautiful! Ours is being delivered on Monday so I'll have to post pictures then!
Post a Comment