Last February we bought tickets at an outdoor venue, Chateau St. Michelle, to see CHICAGO! The concert was scheduled for August 25. I envisioned a warm summer night with a light jacket, good food, great music, and friends. Some how it had escaped me that we live in WASHINGTON, where rain is always in the forecast! Although rain was promised for that evening, and we altered many of our great plans because of it, somehow it held off. We were able to see a amazing band in a great venue. (I highly recommend! There is not a bad seat in the house!) There were no cameras allowed at the Chateau, but the band said we could take as many pictures as we liked, so I took a couple with Karlin's cell phone. I couldn't believe how close we were! Their music is even better live, if that is possible. I would love to see them again. As we sat at the concert, arrows of geese flew over heading south......is summer over already!?
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Chicago.....Washington style.
Last February we bought tickets at an outdoor venue, Chateau St. Michelle, to see CHICAGO! The concert was scheduled for August 25. I envisioned a warm summer night with a light jacket, good food, great music, and friends. Some how it had escaped me that we live in WASHINGTON, where rain is always in the forecast! Although rain was promised for that evening, and we altered many of our great plans because of it, somehow it held off. We were able to see a amazing band in a great venue. (I highly recommend! There is not a bad seat in the house!) There were no cameras allowed at the Chateau, but the band said we could take as many pictures as we liked, so I took a couple with Karlin's cell phone. I couldn't believe how close we were! Their music is even better live, if that is possible. I would love to see them again. As we sat at the concert, arrows of geese flew over heading south......is summer over already!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow, you're so lucky! I love Chicago! Sounds like you had a great time!
Awww...I just wanna cry! I turned up my speakers as soon as I saw the title of your post!!! I LOVE Chicago, and that whole atmosphere sounds amazing!!! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time and great seats! What an awesome experience!!!
Oh how awesome. I have always wanted to see them, one of my favorite groups - I love their old and new stuff. Bet you had fun.
Wish I could have been there! I love Chicago. Glad the weather held out for you.
i saw peter cetera in none other than idaho falls one year with carie, heather and gretchen. he was great! i wish the band would've been there with him though. sounds like you guys had a great time.
I saw Chicago once at the Gorge. They really are great performers. Sounds like you had fun.
i'm so glad you had such a great time - and no rain! was peter cetera there? oh, how romantical.
Post a Comment